Post Title: Health Team Project Worker
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days a week)
Salary Scale: £22,212 pro-rata
Duration:12 Months Contract
Purpose of Post
To develop activities to improve and address chronic heart disease. By the end of the project, a series of 1 day workshops would have been delivered using a new community development approach for supporting individuals in taking preventative action against the onset of chronic heart disease. The approach will be peer led, targeted towards promoting healthier lifestyles and better self-management by enabling individuals who experience barriers to better health to overcome them.
- To deliver effective 1 day Workshops on ‘5 Ways to Well-being’ to achieve the desired outcomes.
- To deliver time limited 1-2-1 support where appropriate providing access to community groups and services.
- To liaise with local agencies to ensure appropriate referral mechanisms are in place.
- To assist in working towards achieving health objectives by monitoring activity and evaluating the service with the support of the Co-ordinator.
- Any other duties commensurate to the post.
Candidates must have:
- Experience of working within the third sector, or, extensive experience of community health development work and supporting a third sector organisation;
- Ability to liaise with voluntary and statutory agencies;
- Experience of supporting individuals to develop their health and well-being including planning of health activities;
- Knowledge of third sector organisations within the locality;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Experience of liaising with organisations;
- Ability to work as part of a team and work independently with minimum supervision.
If you are interested in applying, please request an application form from
admin @hamara.co.ukand return by email.
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th March 2016 at 12.00pm
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 23rd March 2016
Please download all the related documents below for the vacancy of Health Team Project Worker: